Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bittersweet Milestones

I've sat here for 30 min trying to think of something witty to say about watching my last baby meet her important milestones. I'm just as excited to see her roll over for the first time or take her first bite as I was with Landon, my first.  Yet I struggle with the reality that this will be the last time I see MY baby do each thing for a first time. It truly is bittersweet. I guess this is why mothers look forward to grandchildren. Did I really just say I'm looking forward to grandchildren? Note to self...get my head checked.
Danica had her 6 month checkup today.  She weighed in at 16 pounds 13 ounces and is 27 inches long.  She got one shot and smiled at the nurse through the whole thing...didn't so much as grimace.  On to the good stuff.

Getting the hang of sitting unsupported.

Photobucket


As if it wasn't a big enough deal for her to eat food for the first time...she grabbed the spoon and helped feed herself.


No comments:

Post a Comment